Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day Special - What Could Have Been

I was looking for an excuse to give Johnny a good farewell and also explain what happened that caused the story to turn away from him.  What better excuse than an Independence Day special post!

When I originally started writing Amanda's story, I basically let her pick what to do.  I wrote the story around what she did and who she wanted to see.  While she was always attracted to both Johnny and Chuck, she just really, really liked Johnny.  And I was more than willing to go along with it. 

Until...

One day Amanda went to go visit Johnny and Chuck's house and Johnny had turned into an elder; walking cane and all. 



I thought about reversing the clock on his age a little but I mean, that isn't Amanda's dream, is it? She's dreamed of the country and cowboys, not older city guys.  By this point, Amanda and Johnny were pretty serious. Just like Amanda did in Chapter 5, I agonized about what to do.  I finally decided that the age difference was too great and that the story would be better if she looked for romantic involvement elsewhere.  Johnny was upset a little but then got over it.









So that's what really happened to Johnny. He got old, there was no future for Amanda with him, and now she's seeking love somewhere else.  But they did have some wonderful times together:











 
 
 


















 
 
 

 
 
 







Thanks for the memories Johnny!




14 comments:

  1. LOL this was cute. I have to say though I always thought Chuck was cuter. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww too bad things didn't work out. :( By the time Johnny was an elder, was Amanda a young adult or an adult?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was still a young adult. There really was a big age difference between them so when Johnny aged up I decided that it was a sign that she should seek love elsewhere. :)

      Delete
  3. The age difference is a big deal. When she's ready to start a life, he's ready to start relaxing. As we saw in the story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a sad that he was so much older than her, but it allowed the door to open for her and Chuck. :)

      Delete
  4. LMAO. All I can say is L.M.F.A.O!!!

    Sometimes that happens...people just up and get old on you. And life passes you by as you wait for them to die so you can be a widow and inherit all their things...wait, what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, I suppose Amanda could have married rich Johnny and waited to inherit his money. . .Man that could be an interesting story. But alas, this is the Hobble Legacy and it was always supposed to be (even though Johnny tried to convince Amanda otherwise).

      Delete
  5. That is hilarious!! "....and life passes you by as you wait for them to die so you can be a widow and inherit all their things....wait, what?" ROFL!!! I love hearing the behind the scenes of what happens in everyone's stories. :) Thanks for sharing!! Also, you may want to wait a little on my story. I decided to completely change the point of view (again). I am feeling a lot more confidant and I'm starting to figure it out. I'm looking forward to fixing it in the next day or two! Now, off to read the next chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yeah, Blythelyre has some great comments. =D

      There are many more tales I could share that happen behind the scenes. I'm seriously thinking about doing a blooper post for the current generation after the heir vote. They have had some funny ones.

      Let me know when you've finished changing your story!

      Thanks for commenting and reading!

      Delete
  6. Poor old Johnny. Emphasis on the old! The hair was always a bit of a turn off for me so I'm had for Chcucks sake that Johnny was spurned for a younger man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yeah, I really thought about turning the clock back for him but Amanda wanted a cowboy. He was an awesome guy though. But it is the Hobble Family Legacy. . .lol!

      Thanks for commenting and reading!

      Delete
  7. I figured that was the reason. Besides Chuck is so much better looking than Johnny. Never really liked the hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Johnny and his walking cane. lol! I always thought Chuck was better looking but initially Amanda liked Johnny better so I let her have it her way.

      Chuck's got some awesome hair hiding under that hat. . .LOL! A lot better than Johnny's.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete