Monday, July 15, 2013

Chapter Twelve: My Dream Come True - Part Two




The night before the wedding I stayed in my house for one last time. I had put it up for sale a couple days after Chuck and I got engaged; thankfully it hadn’t sold just yet. Honey and Josy stayed the night and we stayed up late giving each other manicures and pedicures and watching romantic movies.

Finally the day of the wedding arrived. The wedding wasn’t until one o’clock and Honey, Josy and I spent the morning fixing each other’s hair and makeup.  Around 11:30 we headed to the chapel and I saw that Chuck’s truck was already there. Thankfully the chapel had separate rooms for the bride and groom to get ready in and we were able to avoid the curse of the groom seeing the bride before the wedding.


At around 12:30 I was starting to get nervous especially about what Chuck had planned for the beginning of the ceremony when I was supposed to walk down the aisle. “Do we have everything? How does my dress look? Is everyone here yet?”
 

“My goodness! Is this what I did on my wedding day?” Honey tried to calm me down. “Just think about Chuck standing at the end of the aisle. Thinking about John standing at the alter was the only thing that calmed me down.”

I breathed deeply and thought about Chuck standing at the end of the aisle waiting for me. She was right, it did calm me down. Even though I still wasn't sure about walking down the aisle, I trusted Chuck.

About 10 minutes before the wedding started, one of the chapel workers came up to my room to tell me that it was time to head downstairs. I picked up my dress and the three of us followed.  Soon we were standing outside. Honey and John were first, and then Josy and Tom.
 
 
As I waited for the ceremony to start I thought back to the day Chuck and I met. We had been through a lot in the last couple years and we had almost lost out on being together.  I was almost overcome with emotion thinking about it. 

Right at one o’clock the music started and I watched the congregation stand and then Honey and John start down the aisle. As Josy and Tom started to walk, I started to think about how it was almost time for me to start walking.
 





I watched Josy and Tom arrive up front and then everyone turned to look at me. At that point my eyes locked onto Chuck’s. Even after the last couple years, his clear blue eyes could make me swoon. I had no idea what his surprise idea was and for a split second I didn't care. I was so mesmerized by him in a tux.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then he did something that caught me off guard and made everyone turn back around. He calmly walked down the aisle to me, took my arm in his and with tears in his eyes he whispered to me.
 
 
 



 
 
 
“I’m going to walk you down the aisle.”

I smiled and had to fight back tears. He couldn't have known how much that meant to me. From that day forward I knew that even though I didn't have my parents anymore, that this loving, caring, thoughtful man was going to take care of me. As we walked up the aisle I noticed my sisters near the front and they were all trying not to cry.
 
 

Chuck and I arrived at the alter and the minister started the ceremony. He talked for several minutes and then announced that it was time for our vows. We had agreed that we would write our own vows and Chuck looked at me and started.
 
 

“Many people spend their lives searching for their soul mate, their one true love. Some people are lucky to find the person they can truly call the better half of themselves and I am happy to count myself among the lucky ones, because I have found you. I know, Amanda, that you are the only one for me, my one true love. I am happy and grateful that you came into my life, that where others have spent their entire lives looking for the one, I have found you. And now that I have found you, I will never let go.”
 
 

“I promise you, Amanda, that I will hold you and cherish you and give you my heart; that I will support you and care for you. Faithfully, I will always stand at your side with your hand in mine, regardless of what life brings us. ”

I was a mess after he was done. Honey came up to me and handed me a tissue so I could wipe my tears away.  I took a deep breath, looked at Chuck and said my vows.
 
 
 

“You are my dream come true, you are my world, you are the joy in my heart, the laughter in my voice, and the smile on my face. You are the most incredible man I have ever known, and you make me feel special every single day. You are the love of my life, my best friend, my soul mate and my everything.”
 
 

“I promise to you, Chuck, that I will always love you with my whole heart. I will encourage you, always believe in you and be proud of the man you are, and who you are to me.  I promise to you to be your best friend and partner in life, to laugh with you, and to cry with you; to weather the storms with you and to live your dreams with you.

I had never seen Chuck cry, but at that moment he had tears in his eyes. He squeezed my hand and smiled at me.

We exchanged rings
 
 
 
 
 
and then heard the minister say ‘You may now kiss the bride.’
 
 
 
 
 

Chuck reached up, held my face and kissed me.  I could have stood there forever in his arms but the congregation’s cheering interrupted us.  We walked back down the aisle and were ushered into the groom’s dressing room while everyone else headed upstairs for the reception.




Chuck pulled me close to him. “Mrs. Hobble. I can’t believe it’s really true. This whole day has felt like a dream”

He held and then kissed me.
 
 
We were starting to get carried away kissing when we were interrupted my someone clearing their throat. “Mr. and Mrs. Hobble, it’s time to go outside and take pictures.”
 
Chuck got a disappointed look on his face and reached out for my hand as we followed the person outside.


We took several pictures together, with the wedding party, and my sisters.  The air was chilly but the changing colors of the trees made the ceremony beautiful.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As my sisters and I posed for our pictures, I realized that this was the first photograph of us together since our parents passed. The photographer placed Rose, Nicole, me, and then Jenn. We chuckled at the fact that the photographer had inadvertently placed us youngest to oldest.
 
After we were done, they headed upstairs while Chuck and I waited to be announced at the reception. 

“Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. and Mrs. Hobble!”

We were greeted with cheers and applause and took our seats at one of the tables. Everyone had a wonderful time eating and socializing.

When it was time for us to cut the cake, we walked over to the table and posed for several pictures. We each got a piece to feed to each other and Chuck got a mischievous look.
 
 

“Don’t even think about it.” I warned him.

Thankfully there were no wedding cake mishaps.

When it came time for our first dance, Chuck led me to the dance floor and then motioned to the piano. I was shocked when I saw who was sitting at it, Johnny.  He had flown in from England to attend the wedding.
 
 

“I wrote this song for my wonderful friends.”
 
 

He started playing and singing while Chuck and I danced. When we started dancing, the rest of the room seemed to disappear. I only saw Chuck. When the song ended he leaned down and kissed me. “I love you.”
 

“I love you too.”

We turned toward Johnny sitting at the piano and everyone applauded him and his song. Chuck and I walked over to him and we thanked him for writing the song for us.

“I’m so glad you were able to make it!” I told him.

“I wouldn’t have missed seeing two of my closest friends getting married.  You’ll have to return the favor though.”

Chuck and I looked at each other and then at him shocked.

“Are you getting married Johnny?” Chuck asked him.

“I sure am! I met a woman in England and we’re getting married within the next year.”

“Congratulations!” I said while giving him a hug.

We talked to Johnny about his travels and then the reception music started.  Everyone then joined in on the dancing.  
 
 
We celebrated for a couple more hours and then it was time to get ready to leave. Chuck and I headed back down to the groom’s changing room and got ready.

“You still haven’t told me where we’re going on our honeymoon.” I tried to give him a pouty face.
 
 

“That’s still a secret.” He said with a smirk.
 
 

“I could try to kiss it out of you…”
 
 

“You could, but it wouldn’t work. Although, I would enjoy the effort of you trying.” He started to move closer to me but before I could even try there was a knock on the door. “Mr. and Mrs. Hobble were ready for you.”

Chuck looked disappointed again. “We seem to keep getting interrupted. Hopefully that won’t happen on our honeymoon.”

“I wouldn’t know since you won’t tell me where we’re going.” I kidded with him. “I’m ready to go if you are.”

He held the door open for me and we walked to the front door of the chapel. We stood there for a minute taking in the sight of our closest family and friends wishing us good luck. 
 
 
 
 
 
Chuck and I looked at each other and he asked if I was ready. We ran past everyone cheering and throwing rice and got into Chuck’s truck. As we drove away we waved to everyone; to start our new life together as Mr. and Mrs. Hobble.
 
 
 
Credits:
Poses
Family Photos Pose Pack by Cloudwalker Sims (no longer available to download)
Boys and Girls Talking Pose by YS3 Studio
Smile Pose Pack by traelia
Autumn Walk by Ms. Adrienne
Hi, my friend by IMHO
Slow Dance Poses by Mypalsim

Wedding Poses:
The Wedding March by Kiddo's Dreams
Wedding Pack 2 "The Ceremony Part One" by Kiddo's Dreams
The Ceremony Part Two by Kiddo's Dreams
Do you hear those wedding bells? Wedding Pose Pack by traelia

CC:
Amanda's hair by Peggy Zone
Amanda's dress by beo2010
Amanda's tiara by BEO CREATIONS
Amanda's veil by BEO CREATIONS



 

 

17 comments:

  1. I was wrong... but at least he showed up and still did something touching! :D I do love a good wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you think Johnny would walk her down the aisle? I was iffy on that just because he had been her ex but I did think about it or awhile.

      I love planning the weddings! It's one of my favorite events to watch them go through.

      Delete
  2. Oh my god, *dies from Chuck in a tux* He's so romantic, holy crap. LOL. I got tears when Chuck was like I'll walk you down the aisle. That is awesome that Johnny played the music and that he was happy for them. Also cool that Johnny found someone too. Yay! So much happiness and cuteness going on. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! I'm glad you liked him walking her down the aisle.

    He is pretty good looking in a tux, isn't he? LOL!

    There's no way Johnny could miss the wedding. He needed to come back even if it was briefly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...Chuck's wedding vow was so romantic! That was really sweet. I'm really happy for Johnny too, I wonder what his fiancee is like. Is she an elder like him or an adult/young adult?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Chuck is very much romantic guy.

      Ummm. . .well, I guess I would envision an elder. (Can you tell I haven't given much thought to it). Someone closer to his age definitely. This was Johnny's final "appearance" so I didn't really have to think much about who she was. ;)

      Delete
  5. I thought Johnny would walk her.... but it's nice that he was there and that he is happy... sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about having him walk her down the aisle but I thought it would be more romantic if Chuck did it.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous wedding/post. I'm so glad Johnny came and that he's moved on and found someone.... That chapter is happily closed now for all involved. I wonder where they're going, a beautifully written romantic post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      It was nice to give all of them a happy ending with their relationships. Johnny deserved to be happy. :)

      The honeymoon. . .well, just like the proposal and the walk down the aisle, he's been planning this so it will be amazing. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!!

      Delete
  7. Awe such a cute wedding. I thought Johnny might walk her down the isle, but I like the way you wrote it a lot better. I'm so glad Johnny has found someone too. He's such a cool guy, he really should have someone in his life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did think about Johnny doing it, but I thought it would be more romantic and realistic if Chuck did it. I'm glad you liked it that way. :)

      Johnny needed some happiness and thankfully he found it.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  8. I thought maybe Johnny would walk her down the aisle. I liked your version so much better. Chuck walking her down the aisle was exactly what Amanda needed. Loved their vows to each other. So glad that Johnny was their to share in their happiness and that he had moved on as well. I hope he lives happily every after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's who most people think will give her away, and he would have if asked. I toyed with the idea of Johnny giving her away but in the end I thought that she was getting ready to start her life with Chuck, so it just seemed fitting that he walk her down the aisle. I'm glad you agree! :)

      Johnny has a happy ending. He deserves it.

      Thanks for reading and commenting as you make your way through the story!

      Delete
  9. Awww... their wedding was beautiful. I loved the bridesmaids dresses. Oh and Amanda was a beautiful bride. She wants to kiss it out of him. She's too cute. Chuck looked so handsome. I'm glad Johnny came, and it's nice he found someone in England. I love their fall wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loved having their wedding in the fall!! It made everything so beautiful! I just love Chuck and Amanda together. They're so cute and sweet.

      I had to bring Johnny back, if only for a chapter (although he does show up again in gen. 2). I wanted readers to know that he got a happy ending. :)

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

      Delete
    2. I always wanted a fall wedding, but I actually got married in winter instead. It's okay. It was still beautiful. I want to have an autumn wedding with some of my Sims sometime. Great chapter as I already said!

      Delete