Monday, January 6, 2014

Bridgette - Chapter Seventeen: Heartbreak

Warning: This chapter contains subject matter and images that may be disturbing to some. Going to give this a 18+ rating. Please continue at your own risk. 

This chapter is also combined with Jeff's from A Ray of Sunshine and his point of view goes into more detail of how he's feeling. You can follow the link below to read his story.

A Ray of Sunshine - Chapter Thirteen: I'll Never Be Sorry
 
 
I had never been so happy to return to campus. The two weeks that we had gone back to Appaloosa had felt like two months.  I had made Carson promise that we would never stay apart that long again. It was just becoming too hard to handle.

After we returned we got things ready for Jeff and Rosamund to move in. They were able to come to the house a couple times. They shopped for furniture and  decorated so everything would be ready for when they moved in.

I was getting really excited about Jeff moving in. I had really missed him the last couple of years. I was also excited that I was going to actually get to know a nephew or niece. Since we didn’t go home very often, I didn’t get to see Kate and Charlie’s son, Charles very often. Actually living with one was going to be different.

I stood by the window and watched for Jeff and Rosamund to arrive. They were due to arrive anytime and I was starting to get antsy.
 
 
“I wish they were here already.” I told Carson.
 
 
“They’ll be here shortly. Are you going to play nice with Rosamund?”

I turned around and looked at him. “Yes. I don’t find her as annoying as I did a couple months ago. I am interested in getting to know her better.”
 
 

“I bet you are.” He joked.
 
 

“What?! I will play nice.”
 
 

He kissed me on the forehead. “I’m going to keep you to that promise.”

I heard a noise outside and I turned to look out the window again. “They’re here!”

I ran out the door, “You’re finally here!” I gave Jeff a hug. I was so excited, I even gave Rosamund a hug. Carson greeted them too and we went into the house.
 
 

“The last of your furniture arrived yesterday. I wasn’t sure where you wanted it so when you figure it out, Carson can help you move it Jeff.”

“Thanks.” Jeff said.

“Well, what do you want to do first? We can hang out here or we could show you around campus. I suggested.
 
 

Jeff looked at Rosamund, “Maybe we could have the tour tomorrow. I think Rosamund is a little tired.”

“That’s fine. Are you hungry? I can make us something or we can have pizza? There’s a great pizza place on campus that we can order from. . .”

Jeff interrupted me. “Hmm. . .might have to think about it, but right now I’m really thirsty.” Carson came up to me and suggested that maybe we should get Jeff something to drink. We walked into the kitchen and Jeff and Rosamund went upstairs.
 
 

Several minutes later Jeff came back down stairs.

“How was your trip?” I asked him and handed him a glass of water.
 
 

“It was nice. It’s a pretty drive.”

“I’m so excited that you’re here! I’ve missed you the last couple of years. Now I can keep an eye on you too.”
 
 

Jeff chuckled. “I’m going to be fifty years old and you’re still going to keep an eye on me, aren’t you?”
 
 

“Someone has to.” I replied.

“Hey Carson, Rosamund showed me where she wanted the rest of the furniture. You want to help me move it?”
 
 

“Sure.” They moved the furniture and came back downstairs. We made our way into the living room and started talking. I heard the upstairs door open and soon Rosamund was downstairs. She didn’t look like she felt good.

We all tried to convince her that eating might make her feel better. She agreed and I got up off the couch and ordered the pizza. While I was on the phone Jeff suggested to Rosamund that she go lie back down. He helped her upstairs and then came back down.

 “Is she okay Jeff? Does she need to go to a doctor or the hospital or something?” I asked him.
 
 

“I’m not sure.” he admitted. “Some women have hard pregnancies. Maybe she’s one of them.”
 
 

“But has she had problems before now?” Carson inquired.

“No, no she hasn’t.”

“I know you’re worried Jeff. We can both tell that. And if we know you are, then it must be bad. You’re Mr. Cool, remember.” I stated.
 
 

“You’re right. I am concerned. I’m going to go talk to her. Maybe I can find out a little more about what’s going on and if she needs to go to the doctor or hospital.”
 
 

He walked back upstairs and Carson and I started talking about how we thought Rosamund needed to go to the doctor when we heard yelling.

“NO! NO! NO! CALL 911! SOMEONE CALL 911!”

“You get on the phone and I’ll go see what’s happened.” Carson suggested.

Carson ran upstairs and I started to call 911. He popped his head out of the bedroom and told me that Rosamund was laying unconscious on the bathroom floor and that it looked like something was wrong with the baby.
 
 

I told the operator what Carson had told me and within minutes the paramedics were there. They rushed upstairs with a stretcher. I didn’t want to get in the way so I stayed downstairs. A couple minutes later, the paramedics carried Rosamund down the stairs on the stretcher. As she went past me, I noticed how pale she was. Jeff came up to me and handed me a cell phone.
 



 
“Here’s her phone. Call her parents and then call Mom and Dad. I’m going to the hospital with her.”

“Of course. We’ll be there soon.” I told him.

They left and I looked at Carson. He shook his head and that’s when I knew it was bad. I sighed. “It’s one thing to call Mom and Dad, but her parents? What do I say?”
 
 

He came over to me and put his hands on my shoulders. I looked in her contacts till I saw her parents’ number.  It rang a couple times and her Mom answered. “Mrs. Carter? This is Bridgette Hobble, Jeff’s sister.”

She immediately sounded worried. “Why are you calling from Rosamund’s phone?”

“I don’t know exactly what has happened, but she just went to the hospital. Jeff’s with her but he asked me to call you and let you know.”
 
 

“We’ll be there as soon as we can.” She said and immediately hung up the phone.

“Now for Mom and Dad.” I picked up my phone and dialed home.
 
 

“Hey Bridge! How’s it going?” Dad asked.

“You both need to get here as fast as you can.” I explained what had happened.
 
 

“We’re on our way.” Dad said.


Carson and I rushed to the hospital and I tried to keep Jeff calm as we waited for news from a doctor. After what felt like an eternity, the doctor came in and told Jeff the devastating news.

 “I examined your wife and there was no evidence of a baby. I’m afraid that your wife has had a miscarriage.” Jeff closed his eyes and sat down in one of the chairs.
 
 

“But my wife, she’s going to be okay?” He asked as he choked back tears.
 
 

“She’s very weak and she’s very dehydrated. She will need to rest here at the hospital for a day or two, but yes, she will be fine.”
 
 

I watched Jeff follow the doctor and even after he disappeared through the doors, I couldn’t seem to move. Carson gently put his hand on my shoulder and I turned to face him. The second I looked into his eyes, I lost it. We hugged for several minutes before either of us spoke.
 
 

“I feel so bad for them.” I told Carson.

“I know. This is going to be hard for both of them.”

“I can’t imagine the pain and hurt that they’re in and going to be in.”

Carson and I continued to hug. I just wanted to make everything okay. I wanted to take my baby brother’s pain away. I wanted to believe that this was a bad dream.

The outside doors opened and both sets of parents walked in. They saw Carson and I hugging and started freaking out.
 
 

“What’s going on, Brigde?!”

“Is Rosamund okay?!”

“How’s the baby?!” I was asked all at the same time.

“Maybe you all should sit down.” Carson suggested. I was glad that Carson seemed to be taking control. I wasn’t sure if I could have at that moment. They sat down and I went over and held Carson’s hand. “Jeff’s up with Rosamund now.”
 
 
 
They all sighed with relief. “But. . .” Carson continued and they immediately looked worried again. “The doctor said Rosamund had a miscarriage.” The four of them sat there in shock for a minute. Mom was the first to speak. “They’re absolutely sure?” She looked at me and I nodded.
 
 

Rosamund’s mom became very emotional and started demanding to see Rosamund. “The doctor said they would limit visitors but maybe you can ask the receptionist at the desk if you can go up.” I suggested.
 
 
 
They got up and soon Rosamund’s parents were going upstairs.

Jeff came back soon after and while telling Mom and Dad what happened he started crying. I lost it. I had never seen my brother cry and it felt like someone was tearing my heart into little pieces. Mom and Dad started hugging him and Carson and I joined them. Mom and Dad told Jeff that they’d be in the lobby if he needed them and he went back upstairs.
 
 

We sat in the lobby, not speaking very  much for a couple hours. Eventually Rosamund’s parents came back to the waiting room and they said that Jeff wanted everyone to get some rest and that he’d call if there was any news. We invited everyone back to the house.

Once there it was decided that Mom and Dad would sleep in the third floor bedroom and Regina and Robert would sleep in the second floor guest room that hadn’t yet been converted to a nursery. Regina and Robert went to bed while Mom, Dad, Carson and I stayed up talking for a little while.
 
 

 

*****

 
We eventually went to bed and Bridge and I were cuddling. “I don’ know what I would do if that happened to us.” I stated.



She looked at me. “I don’t know either.”

“If anything ever happened to you. . .” I couldn’t finish. The thought of losing Bridge was too much.

She snuggled into me even more. We laid like that for a while before a thought occurred to me. “Do you want kids Bridge?”

She quickly looked up. “Why?”

“It’s not something we’ve really talked about and all of this has me thinking about it.”

“I had always imagined having children. I like being part of a big family. What about you?” She asked me.

“I’d like at least three and for at least one of them to be a girl.”
 
 

“Why?”

“Because I grew up with two brothers and I just think it would be nice to have a daughter. What do you want?”

“I’d say no less than two. Beyond that, I don’t know. Twins run in my family so there’s always a risk each time that there could be more than one.”

“Twins. . .I like the sound of that.” She soon fell asleep and I laid there holding her.  It was weird how major events like what was happening made you think about your life and what was really important. At that moment, while holding Bridge, I realized that nothing meant more to me than her.
 
 
 
Traelia's Death Pose
Zhippidy's- Bang Door Poses
Studio K2's Casual Male Poses

11 comments:

  1. Mmmm Jeff... *faints* LOL. Awww he cried... I love it when guys cry, it makes them look more strong in my eyes. *snuggles Jeff* Now I'm curious what Rosamund did to herself to make it look like she was that sick....o.O Creepy woman... XD *runs away to read Jeff's chapter*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhh I mean stronger... "more strong" *shakes head at self* XD

      Delete
    2. It's a big deal that he cried too since Jeff doesn't like to show his emotions much.

      What Rosamund did to herself will be revealed at a later time. But just the fact that she faked being pregnant and miscarriage is sickening. She's a very creepy girl and I'd dare say she's evil/insane. But we'll see that later...Mwahaha!

      Delete
    3. Oh! Hahaha! Sorry! Yeah, it's talked about in Jeff's story before this point. Really, this girl makes Waverly look like a saint. Bridge is very right in how she feels about Rosamund, she just doesn't know why yet.

      Delete
  2. Oh I suspected that Rosamund faked the pregnancy to capture Jeff. How despicable if she did. I hope Jeff divorces her if it is true. He is too young to be married to this manipulative woman. Great update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despicable is a wonderful word to describe Rosamund. Oh if only Jeff knew she faked it though. Rosamund is good at covering her tracks so it may be awhile. Poor Jeff. :(

      Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. Sigh... That's a very leading thing for a doctor to say. "I saw no evidence of a baby..." I think he can't legally say there was never a pregnancy if she told him not to - but you can say pointed shit like that. Good man, hopefully Jeff figures it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D You are a very observant person! "I saw no evidence. . ." Can't say she wasn't ever pregnant so he chose his words very carefully. Unfortunately, Jeff doesn't quite pickup on it. :(

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Poor Jeff to be married to that awful girl! Not only did she fake being pregnant but also to fake a miscarriage. I can even begin to imagine how Jeff will feel once he finds out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just shake my head every time I think about Rosamund. This really only scratches the surface with her. Poor Jeff is right. :(

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete