Thursday, November 21, 2013

Bridgette - Chapter Twelve: Homecoming - Part One


The rest of the school year flew by. We all went home for Christmas but none of our family knew Carson and I were dating. We had asked Julia and Trent not to mention it to anyone. We knew our families would make a big deal out of it and we wanted a little time to adjust to the change in our relationship.

Soon after we returned to school from Christmas break, Kate called me to tell me she was pregnant. She and Charlie had gotten engaged around Thanksgiving but they hadn’t planned on getting pregnant before getting married. They were trying to decide if they were going to get married before or after the baby arrived. A month before school ended Mom had called to tell me that Kate and Charlie were getting married in June.



Julia and I were in the process of packing up our things when there was a knock on the door. Trent and Carson were coming over and we were going out for one last breakfast before our parents were picking us up. I opened the door and let them in. Trent said hi to me and then went to see Julia. I closed the door behind Carson and turned around to head into the living room. When I turned around, Carson was standing right in front of me. “Morning beautiful.” He said and then kissed me.



“Morning.” I said while blushing. Even after five months of dating he was still making me blush. We turned around and walked into the living area where Trent and Julia were looking at us smiling.



“What’s up with you two?”



“We’re just happy for both of you. You all have got to tell everyone that you’re dating when we get back home. We’ve all been waiting so long for you two to get together, they’re all going to flip when they find out.” Julia exclaimed.

“That’s one reason we didn’t tell anyone at Christmas. I don’t want to go home and steal Kate and Charlie’s moment either. I’m afraid if we tell everyone we’ll steel some attention away from them.” I admitted.

“You two may have been able to pull off hiding this from everyone at Christmas but there’s no way you’re going to be able to now. It’s obvious.” Trent explained.



“It is?” Carson asked.



“Everything about how you two interact has changed. Just the way you stand next to each other is a dead giveaway.”



Carson and I looked at each other and how we were standing. “I don’t get it. What are you talking about?”

“Look at how close you’re standing next to each other. And then there’s if you do happen to look at each other; and never mind that you blush half the time that Carson says something to you.” I started blushing and Carson chuckled.

“Alright, you’ve made your point. I guess we can’t hide it any longer.”



“Are you girls done packing? I’m starving!” Trent complained.

“There’s just a couple of things left. If you help us we can get done in no time and then we can go grab breakfast.” Julia commented.

All of us finished packing and then went to eat breakfast. We had to hurry since our parents were coming to pick us up. We split up again after breakfast and went to our apartments to meet our parents.




After several trips back and forth, the car was finally loaded and we were on our way home.

“Are you sad to be leaving?” Mom asked.



“Yes, I’ve enjoyed living there.”

“I’m glad you’ve come around to liking school.”



I didn’t want to get into this conversation right now so I just kept silent. The truth was, I had already decided to not go back to college. I had tried to like it and especially now that Carson and I were dating, I really wanted to like it. I had no idea how I was going to tell them or how they were going to react. An even bigger problem was I didn’t want to be away from Carson.

We arrived home and Kate ran outside to greet me. “Oh my goodness Kate! You look beautiful!” Kate was five months pregnant and she was glowing.



“Oh thank you Bridge! I can’t wait to catch up on what you’ve been up to.”



“I can’t wait to hear all about the wedding!” I told her.

We walked inside and Jeff and Charlie came out from the family room. “Hey there sis.” Charlie said and gave me a hug.




I walked over to Jeff “Dude, have you grown even more? You’re going to be taller than me before long.” I complained.



“That’s the plan.” He said. I gave him a hug.

“Still Mr. Cool I see.” He smiled and walked back into the family room.

“Where’s Scarlett?”

“She’s upstairs taking a nap.” Dad said as he walked down the steps.



“I guess I’ll have to say hi to her later.”

“Wait till you see her. She’s gotten so big!” Charlie said.

“I’m making a special dinner tonight and we’re having cobbler for dessert.” Mom said as she walked in the door.



“YUM!” I enthused.

“I’ll let you all know when it’s ready. In the meantime, why don’t you girls get caught up on everything.”

Kate and I went upstairs and I had to get a peek at Scarlett before going into my room. I snuck in and looked down at her in the crib. Charlie was right, she had grown a ton. I always felt a little cheated when it came to Scarlett. Charlie and Jeff got to see her all the time. I barely knew her.



I snuck back out and Kate and I went in my room. “Alright, spill. I want to know what has been happening since I left after Christmas.”



“Well, soon after Charlie and I got engaged, I found out I was pregnant.  We immediately told our parents and even though they weren’t thrilled, they soon became very supportive. We went back and forth about getting married before the baby is born and we decided that we wanted to go ahead.”



“Have you found out what you’re having?”



“It’s a boy.” She excitedly said.

“So what help do you need with the wedding?”

“Most of it is planned but I did want to ask something of you.”



“Anything. Whatever you need me to do to help.”

“Would you be my Maid of Honor?”



“Oh my gosh, Kate! Of course I will.” We hugged each other and I felt a poke in my belly. “Did the baby just kick?”



“Yes, he’s a very active baby. Makes me wonder what he’s going to be like when he finally gets out here.”



Soon Mom called us down to dinner and we all sat around the table. Dad clinked his class with a fork and everyone looked at him.

“I don’t think I have ever felt this blessed. I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve this life but I am forever grateful. All of our children under one roof again and a grandchild on the way. This is a happy moment indeed.” We all smiled and I looked at Charlie and Kate.

“He’s been a little sentimental the last couple months. I think the thought of becoming a grandfather has something to do with it.” Charlie explained.

As we all started eating and talking, Mom asked me what my plans were for the next few days.

“Do you have any plans?”

“Well, before we left school, Carson and I talked about hanging out tomorrow.”



Mom gave me one of her looks. “What Mom?”

“I just don’t understand. I suppose I need to stay out of it and mind my own business.”



“Give her a break, Mom. She just got home.”



“Anyway, like I was saying, tomorrow Carson and I were going to hang out but after that, I really don’t have any plans.”

“Where were you going to hang out?” Dad asked.



“I figured here. I know he wants to see Charlie and Kate so that seemed like the best place.”



I looked over at Mom and she was biting her bottom lip. I looked down to hide the smile that was on my face.



The conversation during the rest of dinner was about the wedding, Jeff’s school year and Scarlett’s soon entrance into the terrible two’s, which she apparently had started early. We spent the rest of the night talking and catching up.





As I went to bed that night in my own bed I fell asleep thinking about how happy I was to be home.


6 comments:

  1. I didn't realize there was such a huge age difference between Bridgette and Scarlett, LOL. *dies from Chuck* He's still just as hot. Jeff is so cute, with his teenage Sim shortness. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Scarlett was born right before Charlie and Bridge started their senior year and Jeff started his freshman year.

    : D Even with his grey hair Chuck still looks good! Amanda's one very lucky lady.

    Jeff is about to spring forward to his young adult self. . . LOL! I've been chomping at the bit to age him up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, there's Scarlett. I don't know why I thought she'd be older...

    Jeff...drool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there is a HUGE age difference between Scarlett and the rest of the kids. They really weren't going to have anymore and then Amanda unexpectedly got pregnant with her. So she's closer in age to her nieces and nephews. Poor girl!

      Hehehe! You do know he has his own story? The link is at the top of the page on the right side. It's "A Ray of Sunshine." There's a lot more pictures of him there. . . ;)

      Thanks again for commenting!

      Delete
  4. There's no way Carson and Bridge could hide their relationship but I understand why they would want to. The first grand baby's on the way and not much younger than Scarlett. I think she's going to feel closer to her niece of nephew than her siblings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarlett will be closer to her nieces and nephews especially since Charlie becomes more of a father figure to her since he lives there at the ranch helping Chuck.

      I agree, there was no way that they could have hidden their relationship any longer. :)

      Thanks again for reading and commenting!

      Delete