Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bridgette - Chapter Thirteen: Drink, Dance, Love - Part One

FYI - This chapter has a special appearance by the son of a past character. I thought it would be fun to bring the family back into the game a little. Hope you enjoy!



Several months passed and we were all in a smooth routine. They would go to school, I’d paint during the day and sometimes go to see my mentor, and then we’d spend the night at the house hanging out.

It was a cold December morning and I woke up around six like I usually did. I liked this time of the day. It was still dark outside and the house was always dark and quiet. The kitchen light was always on when I woke up since Carson had already been up and gone for a run. I could hear the downstairs shower running which told me he was back from his run.

I went into the kitchen and made coffee. The newspaper was on the counter, thanks to Carson. I grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down to read the paper.




I had just finished cleaning dishes when I heard Carson.

“Morning beautiful.” Carson kissed me on the cheek. “I really need to thank your parents.” He said as he got some coffee.

“Why do you say that?”

“Because of them, I get to see your beautiful face every morning.” I started blushing.

“How was your run?”

“It was good; you should come with me sometime.”

“Carson, I don’t run unless something is chasing me.” He laughed.

“So where do you want to go tonight?” He asked me. It had been one year since we started dating and Carson wanted to take me somewhere to celebrate.

“What about that new club that opened up? It’s supposed to be nice. Not like the one we have back home.”

“Is that where you want to go? I wonder if we can get in.”

I smiled “I’m pretty sure we can get in.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Because the owner knows my family.”

He chuckled. “Of course they do.”

“Should we invite Julia and Trent to go with us?”

“If you want to.”

Carson grabbed some coffee to go and kissed me goodbye.  Soon Trent and Julia were up and they headed downstairs. I asked them if they were interested in going out and they agreed. After they left I got cleaned up and started painting.

I had sold some paintings to several local stores to sell and was making some money. My mentor professor was always encouraging me and was even trying to get my artwork shown in a local art show. It was exciting to think that my art work might be in a show.

The day flew and I lost all track of time. I painted through lunch and even Carson returning home. I was standing in my painting studio listening to music when I was startled by someone grabbing my shoulder.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!”

“Bridge! It’s okay! It’s only me.” Carson tried to calm me down.

“Good grief you scared me. What time is it?”

“It’s four o’clock. I guess you were concentrating so much on painting that you didn’t hear me come in.”

“I also painted through lunch.” I confessed.

“Come on, put the brushes down and step away from the painting.” He led me by the hand.  “I have something I want to show you.” He led me down to the first floor and on the dining room table was a vase of flowers, a card and a small box.

“What did you do?” I asked him. He smiled and motioned for me to open the card. I read it and almost started crying.

“Carson, that was so sweet.” I kissed him.

“Open the box.” He quietly requested.

I picked up the box and looked up at him. I couldn’t tell by the size of the box what it was. I opened it up and inside was a beautiful necklace. “Oh my gosh, Carson! It’s beautiful!”

“You really like it?”

“Of course I do. I’m going to wear it tonight.” He walked up to me and kissed me.

“Oh my gosh you two! There are four bedrooms in this house and two of them are yours. You’d think you could find a more private place.” Julia joked as she and Trent came back from classes.

Carson and I pulled away. “Oh wow! Are the flowers for you? And what a beautiful necklace! Wow Carson, good job.” Julia complimented him.

“We should probably eat something quick and get ready to go. You know us girls. It takes us awhile to get ready.” I suggested.

We all ate microwave dinners and then Julia and I went upstairs to get ready. When I was ready, I walked downstairs and saw Trent and Julia standing in the living area.

“Where’s Carson?”

They turned around and I thought their eyes were going to pop out of their heads. “Holy crap, Bridge! Carson is going to die when he sees you! Is that a new dress?”

I blushed. “Thanks. Yeah, I got it a couple days ago. Do you know where Carson is?”

“I think he’s in his bedroom.” I turned around and walked to his door. I knocked and heard movement and then the door opened. He stood there staring at me for a moment and I heard Julia laugh from the living area. “I told you!” She yelled across the room.

“Can I come in?” I asked him.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me in; closing the door behind me.

“You look. . .God Bridge. I don’t know if we can go out with you looking like that.”

“Why?!” I thought maybe he thought I looked bad.

“Because I’m going to have to fight off every guy in the place.” I looked down and started blushing. “It’s a good thing I’m so muscular.” He joked.

I laughed. “You’re horrible. I thought you could help me put this on.” I held out the necklace he had gotten me. He took it out of my hand and I turned around for him to put it on. I turned around and looked at him.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked.

“No, not yet.” I opened the door and went into the dining area and then came back. “Here.”

I handed him a card and a wrapped box. He smiled at me and then opened the card. “Are you trying to make me cry?” He asked after reading it. He then unwrapped the box and then opened it up. After pulling out some paper, he pulled out what was inside.


*****


I couldn’t believe it. Inside the box were two tickets to the Superbowl.  “How did you get these?!” I asked in disbelief.

“It took a little work but I knew you’d love to go so I figured out a way to get them. You can take Trent or even Charlie. . .”

“Are you kidding? We’re going together!” I put the tickets down and kissed her. There was a knock on the door.

“Guys, we need to get going.” Trent called through the door. We stopped kissing and I looked at her. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Are you ready to go now?” I asked her.

“Yup.”

We took a cab to the club and we followed Bridge as she walked up past the people waiting in line to get in and up to one of the bouncers. She told them who she was and they ushered us in to the protest of some of the people waiting. Once inside, someone took our coats and then another person showed us to a private room. Once we sat down I couldn’t take it any longer.

“Okay, Bridge; who is this family friend?”

“It’s the son of a guy mom used to date. His dad is good friends with Mom and Dad. His parents live in England but he moved here recently. His dad taught mom about the music business and is a famous songwriter. They’re super rich. When he moved here he noticed that there wasn’t a good club around here so he built one.”

“What’s his and his dad’s name?” Julia asked.

“His dad’s name is Johnny Johnson.”

“Oh my gosh! Are you serious? Your mom dated Johnny Johnson.” Trent said in disbelief.

“Yeah, a little weird, I know. His son’s name is Patrick Johnson.”

Right then a guy about our age came walking in the room.

“Bridge! It’s good to see you again! It’s been years.” The fact that he spoke with an English accent and seemed to know Bridge tipped me off that this was probably Patrick.

“Hey Patrick! I guess it’s been fifteen years. You’ve grown a lot.”

“So have you.”

“Let me introduce you to everyone.” She motioned to me. “This is my boyfriend Carson and our friends Julia and Trent.”

“Cheers mates! Nice to meet you. I understand were celebrating something special tonight.”

“It’s Bridge’s and my anniversary.”

“Congratulations. In honor of your special day, drinks are on the house.”

“But Patrick, we’re not old enough to drink.” Bridge said.

“I don’t normally do this but for a family friend I will. Just don’t tell on me, especially to my old man.”

A guy walked in and Patrick introduced him. “This is Shawn. He’ll be serving you tonight.” He turned to Shawn. “Get these lovely people whatever they want. They’re my special guests tonight. I’m picking up their bill. Cheers everyone. I’ll check on you later.”




 *****



We all looked at the drink menu and placed our drink orders with Shawn.

“Wow! This is insane! I can’t believe he’s picking up our bill and everything.” Trent said.

“I’m as surprised as you all are. I didn’t even know that we would have our own private room.” Bridge admitted.

Soon Shawn returned with our drinks and we talked while we drank. I looked over at Bridge as she finished her drink. “You’re already done? You might want to be careful.”

“I’m fine. I don’t think there was much alcohol in it. Tasted more like a fruit drink.”

Shawn came back and asked if we wanted another drink. I declined but everyone else got another one. Soon he returned with the drinks and Bridge had downed the second drink even faster than the first.

“Bridge, you might want to slow down there.” Trent suggested.

“I’m telling you. There’s not much alcohol in it. It’s fine.”

“I want to dance.” Julia announced. “Come on, Trent.”  I watched as they got up and headed to the dance floor.  I looked over at Bridge and she was starting to get a glossy look in her eyes.

“Bridge, are you okay.”


“I’m great! Come on; let’s go join them on the dance floor.”

She grabbed my hand and pulled me out to the dance floor.  You could feel the beat pulsating through your body. There were tons of people dancing and not a lot of room, which was okay with me since it meant Bridge and I had to dance closer. As we continued dancing I noticed several guys look over at her and I very casually wrapped my arm around her waist to non-verbally let them know to look elsewhere.

After several songs we returned to the room and there were more drinks and some snacks waiting for us. We sat down and I realized how hungry I was since I hadn’t eaten much for dinner. That’s when it hit me. Bridge hadn’t eaten any lunch and barely any dinner. With no food in her, she was going to be plastered. I looked over at her and she was halfway done with her third drink.



Credits:
Poses:
Spladoum's Quiet Storm (Couple's Dance Set)
Delight 33 12 Poses at a Table

Dance Club (Slightly altered and redecorated by me)
RED Disco Club and Bar

10 comments:

  1. Best. Anniversary. Ever. LOL. Pays to have a famous name. *points at laughs at the other people in line who protested* XD
    Oh dear, Bridgette. The alcoholic drinks that taste like they don't have alcohol in them are the ones that are the most dangerous, because you drink like a million of them thinking you're fine... LOL.
    I pictured Patrick speaking in and English accent and died a lot. ROFL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it!

      Haha! Bridge hasn't drunk much in the past so she hasn't learned the lesson about the fruity drinks. =D

      Patrick will be back very soon. He honestly looks a lot like his mom so it's hard to see Johnny in him.

      Delete
  2. Trent is hot
    Carson is HOT
    Patrick though? OMG PAT is FINE!! Whoo...is it hot in here...jeezus!

    Ummm, speaking from experience, if your lower lip starts to get numb, you've had enough Bridge...I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick looks a lot like his mom. There's not a whole lot of Johnny in him. His eyes are like Johnny's but that's all I see. He was another surprise! He ages up and I was shocked at how good looking he turned out to be. I just had to figure out a way to put him in (even if it was every once in a great while).

      Yeah, she really needs to learn when to stop. Hopefully after this, she'll know better. Lol!

      Delete
  3. I agree with OP, best anniversary EVER! Helps to have an in! Poor Bridgette...she has NO idea what's coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I was reading another story where a character got drunk and I wondered what would happen to Bridge if she did. . .This was the result. She's really going to regret drinking those fruity drinks as fast as she did. =D

      Thanks so much for commmenting, lovesstorms!

      Delete
  4. Lmao. Oh Bridgie-bridgie-bridgie... We all do it once I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Such a sheltered life she's led. Thankfully she's got Carson to look after her.

      Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Best anniversary ever! Bridge is going to regret drinking so much. Hopefully she won't do anything she will regret while she's drunk. Carson will be looking out for though and will keep her from getting into too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is most definitely going to regret it! Poor Bridge! It's a very good thing that Carson's with her.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete