Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bridgette - Chapter Thirteen: Drink, Dance, Love - Part Two


“Bridge, stop.” I put my hand on her arm.

“Why.” she said and I could already tell her speech was starting to slur.


“Because you’ve barely eaten today. There’s nothing in your stomach to absorb the alcohol.”

“I’m fine, Carsonpoo. Let’s go back out and DANCE!”

Before I could stop her she was back out on the dance floor. When I got to her there was a guy who was trying to dance with her and Bridge was trying to tell him she wasn’t interested.




I walked up to him “Hey, I appreciate that you think she’s pretty, but she’s with me, Dude.” He looked at me and then looked at her. Bridge saw me and wrapped her arms around me. “Come on Carsonpoo, let’s dance!” The guy looked back at me “Sorry, dude. Didn’t know she was here with someone.” He turned around and went back to a table with some other guys.



Bridge and I continued to dance and with each passing moment, she kept dancing more seductively with me. I normally would have been more than happy to dance with her like that, but the fact that she was tipsy had me concerned about her.





After several dances, I noticed Bridge was having trouble standing. I helped her back to the room and she sat down on one of the sofas.

“I don’t feel so good, Carson.” Trent and Julia came back to the room.



“Hey guys, Bridge isn’t feeling good. I’m going to take her home. Do you guys want to come with or are you going to stay?”



“I think we’ll stay for a little bit. Unless you need our help?” Trent offered.

“No, we’ll be fine.” I helped Bridge out the door and hailed a taxi.

“OOOO! Look at all the pretty lights!” She said as she pushed her face against the taxi window. “Aren’t the lights pretty Carsonpoo?”



I couldn’t help but chuckle. I had never seen Bridge drunk and it was interesting to see.

The taxi pulled up in front of the house and I helped Bridge out and up the stairs. After we entered the house I sat Bridge down on one of stools and made her some coffee.

“Drink this.” I offered her the coffee.



“You’re so good to me. That’s why I love you.” The last part took me by surprise. Even after a year of dating we still hadn’t said those words to each other.



“Bridge, you don’t know what you’re saying right now.” I tried to reason with her.

“Yes I DO!” She protested very loudly. “I think I know that I love you. I mean, it’s my brain thinking it. You can’t see inside my head.”



“Drink the coffee, Bridge.” I encouraged her.



She took a couple sips of coffee and put the cup down on the counter. “I’m reeeaaallly tired.” She said as she yawned. She laid her head on the counter and before I knew it she was asleep. I carefully picked her up and carried her to her room. I laid her down on the bed and took her shoes off. She looked so peaceful and happy. I kissed her on the forehead and quietly closed her door.






As I was leaving her room, Trent and Julia walked in. “Hey, how’s Bridge?” Julia asked.

“She’s passed out. I’ll check on her in a little while.”



“Well, we’re going to bed. Thanks for letting us go with you guys tonight.” Trent said.

“No problem. See you tomorrow.” They walked up to Trent’s room and I headed to my room. I looked at my night stand and saw the Superbowl tickets sitting on it. I couldn’t believe she had gotten them for me. I picked them up and looked at where the seats were. They were in one of the boxes. Not only had she gotten Superbowl tickets but they were some of the best seats in the stadium. I shook my head in disbelief and smiled. I put the tickets down on my dresser and got ready for bed.

Before I laid down I went to check on Bridge. I quietly opened the door and saw that she was still lying on the bed. I walked over to check to see if she was okay. She still looked happy and peaceful. I snuck back out and went back to my room. I laid on the bed watching TV for a while before falling asleep.





I was startled awake by the sound of someone knocking on my door. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was three in the morning. I got out of bed and answered the door. Bridge was standing on the other side. She had changed out of her clothes from the club and was wearing her pajamas.

“Bridge, are you okay?”

“I don’t feel good Carson.” She started holding her stomach.



“Have you been getting sick?” She nodded and then ran into my bathroom. I followed her and put my hand on her back as she got sick.



“How long have you been getting sick?” I asked her when she stopped.

“On and off for about an hour now. I’m sorry Carson, I should have listened to you when you tried to tell me not to drink so fast. I can’t believe I did that.”

“It’s okay.” I reassured her.

She started holding her stomach again and got sick again. I helped her hold her hair back and rubbed her back.

She stopped again and sighed. “I am never drinking again.” I smiled and she looked over at me. “I don’t remember anything after that third drink. Did I do anything that was really embarrassing?”

“Let’s see, you called me Carsonpoo a couple times,” She groaned and rolled her eyes. “You danced pretty seductively with me, which I might have enjoyed a little too much.” She chuckled. “You commented about the pretty lights on our way home. . .” I paused as I remembered the last thing she did.



“What?”

“Nothing, that was it. Nothing too embarrassing.”

“You’re lying. You forget that I’ve known you for over six years. I know when you’re lying.”



“It doesn’t matter what you did or said Bridge; you were drunk.”



“If it doesn’t matter, then why won’t you tell me?”

I couldn’t think of a good reason. She tricked me with her logic and the fact that it was somewhere between three and four in the morning wasn’t helping my brain function.

“Carson, good grief; just tell me.”



“What if I don’t want to?”

She started to get that look in her eyes that she got when she was starting to get mad. “Carson Davila, it’s obviously something or you would just tell me. Spill it.”



I sighed and looked away. She was going to keep at it till I told her. This was one time I wished I was a good liar. “I’ll tell you but don’t worry too much about it.” She nodded. “You might have mentioned something about loving me.”





*****



I waited for him to tell me something else. When he didn’t I got confused. “Is that all?”



He got a confused look “What do you mean is that all?”

“Well, I mean that’s important but I thought it was something horrible or really embarrassing.” He stood there and kept looking at me. “Carson, what’s wrong?”




“Well usually when someone tells another person they love them it’s a big deal. I didn’t think you meant it since you didn’t know what you were saying. But still, it was a little surprising to hear.”




“Because. . .?”

“Because neither of us have said it to each other.”




Now I was starting to understand what he was saying. I smiled. “You think that because I haven’t said it before that since I said it while I was sloshed that it wasn’t true.”



He thought about what I said for a moment. “Yes.”

I couldn’t believe we were having this conversation while standing in the bathroom. I started chuckling.

“What’s so funny?”

“This, the fact that we’re standing in the bathroom having this conversation.”

He smiled. “It is kind of funny.”



“Do you mind if we move this conversation somewhere else?”



He held out his hand to me. “Can you give me a minute?” I asked him.

He closed the door as he left and I splashed some water on my face. I became very aware that my breath smelled horrible too. I opened the medicine cabinet and saw some mouthwash. I used some and then exited the bathroom. He was standing at the end of his bed and I walked over to him. “Carson, I rarely tell my parents I love them. I don’t remember the last time I told my siblings that I love them and I have never, ever told a person who wasn’t a member of my family that I love them, unless you count Kate; but technically she’s a member of my family now so that’s still true.” He was looking at me but I could tell he didn’t understand.



“I don’t go around telling people I love them, so when I do, it really means something.  I hate that I chose such a poor moment to say it but it’s still true. I think sometimes I just figure people know I love them so I don’t say it much. So now that I’m actually sober let me assure you that I do love you.  I mean, how could I not. You’re the most caring, forgiving, funny, patient, supportive, amazing guy I’ve ever known. The fact that you’re a hunk doesn’t hurt either.”



He stood there looking at me for a moment and then started kissing me. He stopped and then held me. “I’m sorry; I just wasn’t sure. I’m completely different. I’m one of those people that say it often to people I love. I just thought that since you didn’t say it, then it just wasn’t the case.”



I placed my hands on either side of his face and looked into his eyes. “I’m sorry, Carson. I honestly thought you knew.”



He grabbed both my hands and held them at his chest and I could feel his heart beating. He stroked my cheek. “I love you too.” He whispered. He pulled me closer and we started kissing again. “Bridge, you need to leave.” He said after we kissed for several minutes.





I pulled back a little to look at him. “Why?”



“Because I made a promise to your dad and if you stay in here much longer, I’m not going to be able to keep it.”



“So I don’t have a say? What if I want to?”

“Bridge, I love you and I want whenever we do sleep together to be special. This isn’t that time.”

I sighed. “Okay.”

“Are you still feeling sick?”

“No, I’m starting to get a really bad headache though.” He walked into his bathroom and got some headache medicine and a cup of water.

“Here.” I took the medicine and started to realize that I was really tired.

“I’ll walk you back upstairs.” We both walked up to my room and he kissed me goodnight. He started to walk away.



“Hey.” I said as I reached out for his hand. He turned around and I hugged him. “I love you.”



“I love you too.” He squeezed my hand and he walked downstairs and I walked into my room.




Credits:
Poses:
Rayne's - Love Forever
Mypalsims - Sick Bed Poses
Buitefr1 - Sleeping Beauties
Mrichard's Sick Pose Set

10 comments:

  1. Carson is such a good guy. I love it. The way he handled that guy on the dance floor, with such politeness, pure awesome. LOL. I like guys who don't try to go the macho approach and start fights because they think they'll look cool. Bridgette is lucky that she got drunk around people who were there to make sure she didn't get in any type of danger. It was so cute how he took care of her and upheld his promise to her dad. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much phases Carson. He's a very laid back guy which is what Bridge needs. He's very grounding for her. : )

      She would have gotten into so much trouble if she had been alone. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

      Carson has a lot of respect for Chuck so he doesn't want to do anything that would make Chuck look at him poorly. He also might be a little afraid of what Chuck would do to him. Chuck holds Bridgette up to different standards than the boys (especially after what is happening with Jeff and Rosamund).

      Delete
  2. I love Bridge and her friends and Carson. But most of all I love Carson - wait, I said that already...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! He's definitely a keeper. They are all a great group. I was happy when college came around and it gave Julia and Trent's characters a chance to shine a little more. The six of them remain friends all through their lives so it's a pretty special bond they all share. :)

      Thank you, thank you for all of the comments! They are always fun to read! =D

      Delete
  3. Love Carson! He's definitely a hottie & a keeper! I love when stories are filled with respect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have to agree that Carson is an amazing guy. Bridge is very fortunate to have him. :)

      They very much respect each other. It's a huge part of their relationship.

      Thank you so much for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Awe. Such a standup guy...

    I do have to admit, I am totally not one for the "I promised I wouldn't" stuff. lol
    I guess that makes me terrible. But I think I can handle it. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is!

      Right now, Carson doesn't want to go back on his promise that he made to Chuck. Especially since she's drunk. But there may come a time when he changes his mind. :D

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Carson is awesome the way he took care of her and kept his promise. I think that promise is going to get harder and harder to keep since they admitted they loved each other. Too bad it took getting drunk for Bridge to say it, even if that is how she really felt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carson is just an all around good guy; and even though he wants to keep his promise to Chuck, you're right that it will get harder from here on out. Yeah, Bridge just doesn't have the best timing sometimes. . .:D lol

      Thanks again for reading and commenting, DandyLion!

      Delete