Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Year In the Making - Once Upon A Time. . .




Once upon a time, there was a woman who had a dream. It was a simple dream, but one that took courage to follow it. Lucky for us, she had a lot of courage and she packed up all her belongings to pursue her dream of moving to the country and finding a tall, dark, handsome cowboy. After getting sidetracked for a bit, she finally caught her cowboy. 





They were complete opposites; a city girl and a country boy, but each of them rubbed off on the other and soon the city girl was fitting in with the country folk and the country boy was rubbing elbows with city dwellers.







It wasn’t long before their family grew and soon two became six.





All of their children were special, but there were two that stuck out. A son who had aspirations of becoming mayor of their fine town and a daughter who was so afraid of change that she never wanted to take any risks. . .







Thankfully she met the one person who could show her that change could be a good thing. They too were complete opposites; she was often times likened to a storm and he was often praised for his patience. Together they had a love that few have, but many long for. 





They started a family and quickly, they added four more to their two. 





They shared many wonderful years together before their happy family was suddenly turned upside down. 



The children and their mother tried their best to carry on but soon drifted apart. One got married. . .




. . .another never wanted to love so she didn’t have to experience heartbreak, and one hides his pain behind his big personality. But there was one who made it their mission to bring the family back together. 




His dream was becoming a reality when he met an unexpected someone. She was unlike anyone he’d ever met and that intrigued him. He wanted to get to know her better; to figure out why she was such a mystery to him. What he didn’t expect was that she would stir feelings in him that he didn’t think he could ever feel again, not after the pain he had been through.  Will they both find their happy ending or will they drift apart, neither one able to conquer their fears or reservations?





Will the sister ever give love a chance?






Is his brother ever going to meet this woman?






The story continues on. . .




8 comments:

  1. It was really sweet to see from the beginning. :) I loved seeing Carson again. I feel like I've seen so many pictures of him lately, it's like he's alive again! :D Thanks so much for putting this together! I loved it and I'm so excited for you! You are amazing and so talented! Happy ONE year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I wanted to do something cute. :)

      Carson's popping up all over the place lately! I didn't even plan it that way. lol! He's still in one of my saved games, flirting with Bridge so I sometimes have a "Carson fix." hahaha!

      Thank you so much for the nice comments! They really mean a lot to me. :D

      Delete
  2. Awwww haha. I felt like I was reading a fairy tale, with the 'once upon a time,' LOL.
    Happy anniversary to your story. I ♥ milestones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied and accidentally deleted it. Oops! Thanks so much LateKnight! I ♥ milestones too!

      Delete
  3. Awwe. It's so cute!!

    Not at all disappointed. What a great surprise :D

    I've never seen a recap done like this one - but it has made me really nostalgic.. Now to go back and read all those great points in the story while I continue to curse my updater for not telling me the second you posted new content!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it!

      I was feeling nostalgic when I wrote it. I had originally wanted to do a photoshoot but as I started taking pictures I started thinking about how the story had unfolded so far and that's when I started thinking about doing a mini recap.

      Thanks so much for reading, commenting, and supporting this story, MandySaurus! I truly do appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Can I get a photo of Carson and Will?? I know Carson never gets to see his son all grown up...but...AAAHHH CARSON!!!

    AAAAHHH WILL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. . .I might be able to fulfill your request. . .:) Sometime this week. ;)

      Delete