Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Special Thank You


A year ago I did something that I thought was crazy. I had written out four chapters of a story about a woman who follows her heart and moves to the country to find her a cowboy. That wasn’t too crazy. But I then made a blog site, and then I did the really crazy thing; I hit publish on the first chapter of Listening to My Heart. Many of us have done it; we’ve mustered up the courage to write and share our stories and I’m sure you remember the very first time you hit the publish button for your very first chapter.



A year ago today, I hit publish and I had no idea what would happen. I hoped that people might check it out and maybe comment every once in a while. I never would have guessed that not only would Listening to My Heart still be going after a year, but also that I would get to know some really great, supportive, and caring people because of it. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all of you. I don’t know who many of you are but please know that I appreciate you. You take time out of your day to read this story and that really is humbling to me. 



I’m always trying to think of ways to thank you for reading and supporting this story, but really, this isn’t my story. It’s Amanda’s, Chuck’s, Bridge’s, Carson’s, George’s, Steph’s, Trev’s. . .it’s their story. I just write it. So instead of me telling you thank you, I thought it was time for them to say it. . .



Thank you for following me when I pursued my dream.






Thank you for allowing me to have the family I never had.





Thank you for allowing me to learn that change can be a good thing.






Thank you for allowing me to be with the love of my life.






Thank you for the opportunity to see what a loving family is like.






Thank you for giving me the opportunity to see my family get back together.







From everyone at Listening to My Heart. . .

 



Thank You!!!





If you're interested in finding out how I got 32 sims to pose for one picture, click here to find out. :)

14 comments:

  1. It's a scary feeling to hit "publish" for the first time, huh? Or, is it "scary every single time you hit it" more like it? For me, at least, it is, hehe).

    Congratulations on having reached your first year! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have a some combination of excitement and nervousness when I post a chapter now. I'm always curious what people will think about a chapter. But pretty much every time I go to push the "publish" button I have a moment of holding my breath and crossing my fingers. lol!

      Aww, thank you so much, Marsar! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Whew! I almost cried (Carson), but I LOVED seeing EVERYONE in one picture! That's awesome! I can't believe it's been a year. I'm not sure when I started, but I've been hooked from the beginning. I know it's a lot of work to do this. I was VERY nervous when I started, too, and still get somewhat nervous each time I publish, but I press on because I love it. I can always tell those who really care and get into their stories. You are definitely one who cares! You do a great job and I still think you could easily write your own book. :) Also, knowing life has thrown your family a curveball, your works makes me respect you all the more. You are a very talented person! If you ever do write a book, you need to tell us because I guarantee that I'd read it. ;) Thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture was a challenge but it was worth all the work in the end. :D

      I'm the same way. I just love telling their stories and that's what I try to remember when I start to have doubts. :)

      Wow. . .you are too kind! I'm blushing. lol. Thank you! you are always so sweet! This and Jeff's story helped me in the first couple of weeks when things were really crazy for us. Our whole day was consumed by craziness and it was one thing that allowed me to escape from it, even if it was for a moment or two.

      Thank you so much, again! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you reading, commenting, and supporting this story!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha so cool! I remember hitting the publish button for the first time as well, and thinking many of the same things you did. I was writing for fun, and was thinking, maybe someone will like it and comment, but whatever, and then, wow. Readers surprise me more than I ever could have asked for. That's so cool how you made all of their individual struggles into one sentence, that's poetic in a way. :)

    Wow! That giant picture at the end of all of them! You have so many Sims! LOL. :) I love them all, even the bad ones, because they are necessary components to push a story forward. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks LateKnight! I was the same way. I thought it would be fun and thought it would be neat if someone thought it was worth reading. Thank you! I was feeling sentimental when I wrote it. :D

      Yeah, I keep many of them in a folder outside the game. I only keep the main ones in game. Waverly had long ago been banished from the game so I had to dig her out of a folder. lol! I didn't realize that it was so many. That's not including Peter, Rosamund's parents, Carson's parents and siblings (you know, Michael Bolton) lol!!, and a couple of other ones from the beginning.

      Thanks you so much for always commenting and reading, LateKnight! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. OHmygod.

    Just the idea of getting that many sims together for a portrait makes my computer lag... lol

    I really love your story and I soooo hope I'm still enjoying new chapters another year from now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept waiting for my game to crash from having that many sims in one place. Once they were all posed and in place I quickly took several shots. I was so surprised that it didn't crash.

      Thank you so much! That's so sweet of you! I plan on being here. :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on reaching the one year mark! That's always such an exciting feeling. I remember feeling the same way as you did a long time ago when I first started out. About how you didn't expect it to turn into such an awesome thing, where you meet new people, and just have so much fun writing and playing the game, it's just a great feeling and a great accomplishment. But, in all actuality, thank YOU for writing a great story and providing a good read for us, it's been quite the journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And thanks for reading and commenting! I really appreciate it!

      It was definitely an unknown thing when I started, but I'm so glad I did so I could meet wonderful people like you. :)

      Thanks again, MrsOogieBoogie!

      Delete
  6. Congrats!!!! This story is awesome! And yes, hitting publish for the first time is scary. I'm still shocked every day that people even look at my page. I can't believe how huge your family is!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is a scary thing and I'm like you that I still can't believe that people read and comment on this story.

      That's pretty much all of the characters in the story so far. That's still not including Jeff's kids or Scarlett's twins. It's insane! And they are all in one game running around.

      Thanks so much for being such a supporter of this story! I always love reading your comments!

      Delete
  7. AHHH, ::big, loud, messy feels:: You're so welcome!!!

    On a sidenote: You managed three gens, plus a sidestory for Jeff all in one year?! ::bows down to your greatness::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you! I've had a great time writing their stories! Hope I make George and Steph proud as we get closer to the end of their story. :)

      Thanks again!

      Delete