Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Liebster Award




liebster-award-300-px


Thank you to the amazingly talented blythelyre author of The Torres Legacy for nominating me for this award. You are too kind! 


The Liebster Award is a way of bloggers supporting other bloggers.
The rules for receiving this award are to:
  • Post the award on your blog.
  • Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
  • Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
  • Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.

Nominations: (I know some of you have been nominated before, but I love your stories and want to make everyone aware of your amazing stories! Don't feel like you have to answer the questions though.) :)

blythelyre for The Torres Legacy
MrsOogieBoogie for The Insane Dubois Legacy
LateKnightSimmer for Echoes of Eternity
Marsar for A Pair of Brown Eyes
hellohannah for Dustland Fairytale and Doors
lilyparkersims for Jill's 100 Baby Challenge
RebornMonster for Life is an Odyssey
itsjulie for Through Colour Blind Eyes
lovesstorms for Ramsey Wishacy


Blythelyre's Questions:
1) The scene you love the most from your story and why it's your favorite.

I'd have to say the scene where Trev has his heart attack and sees Carson.  It affirms that Carson's been around for the kids when previously it's been hinted at. And at that point in his life, that's who Trev really needs a push from. The others really miss him and their lives would be completely different if he was still alive, but Trev is the one who really needed Carson. I just really love how that scene shows all of that and sets up for the direction of the remaining chapters for the third generation.

2) A character you wish you never created.

Hmm. . .I can honestly say that I've never felt that way about a character. There are some that are harder to write for (not for Listening though, more so for Jeff's story). I truly believe that all the characters I've had in Listening have served a specific purpose and for that reason alone, I've never wished that I hadn't created a character.

3) How did your story come to pass? Did you write it on purpose or was it a happy accident?

Both? lol! I played the Sims since it first came out and after years of playing all three versions (four hadn't come out yet), I realized that I had made up stories about the families I played. Then I stumbled upon the Sims 3 forums and saw that other lovers of the game did write stories. So I made Amanda, chose Appaloosa as a town, and started to write a story based on her in game adventures. Little did I know that it would evolve into the story that it has.

4) Would you ever think about publishing your story?

Nah. I'm good with it being in blog format. I like taking the pictures and even though I love to read books without pictures, one of the reasons I enjoy stories based off of the Sims games is that they contain pictures. 

5) How does your writing process begin? Do you have a routine, a schedule or does it just flow whenever?

All of my stories are character driven so my writing process begins with a short story or wish that a character wants to share. For instance, George really wanted to analyze Steph at the beginning of their story. But he needed a way to do that and I just kept seeing him standing against a wall at a party and her giving him a hard time about it. That's how the chapter "A Challenging Puzzle" began to form. 

I don't have a writing schedule but I do tend to write in spurts which means I usually have several chapters written that are waiting for pictures.

6) What is the weirdest plot idea you've ever had?

How about a woman faking being pregnant to get a guy to marry her and then faking a miscarriage after they're married, and then getting the guy (her husband) drunk so he'd sleep with her so she could actually get pregnant to then try to shoot at the woman he's actually in love with. . .? By far the weirdest one. :D

7) Does your family/friends support your writing?

Support - yes. Understand - not really. But Hubby's a smart man and he knows that if the wife isn't happy then no one's happy. And writing makes me happy. :)

8) Did you always want to write?

It's one of those things that I've always enjoyed doing whether it was writing in a journal, on a blog, or even writing reports. It's not something that I think I could do as a job, but do for the enjoyment of it.  I'm not sure I answered the question. Hahaha! 

9) Happily-ever-after or no?

Yes and no. I love happy endings but sometimes they're not meant to be. But I do believe that good can come from even the worst situations so even though a happy ending may seem impossible, I believe that it can still be found. Maybe not in the way that was originally thought and with a few more twists and turns. :)

10) Name a character from another story you would like to make an appearance in your own.

Just one?!!! I can't pick one. I don't believe in limiting myself. Lol! Tony and Riley from The Torres Legacy. I would love for George and Steph to have them over for dinner. Also Gibson and Gareth Dubois from The Insane Dubois Legacy. Just because I love them but I think the Davilas might be a little concerned about their safety.

11) If you had to start all over again, would you change anything about your story? If so, what?

I wouldn't change the story but I would rewrite some of the earlier chapters. From the beginning to at least mid way through Generation 2. 



My Questions:
1. Do any writers inspire you? Blog writers or novel writers?
2. When you have writers block, do you plow through it and keep writing or do you take a step back and take a break?
3. Are there other types of stories you're interested in writing? Some other genre that you'd like to try writing for?
4. Do you do any character development before you start writing for a character or do you figure the character out as you write for them?
5. How much editing do you do for your story? Is it an ongoing process? Do you have many drafts for your chapters?
6. Where is the weirdest place you've ever gotten inspiration for a scene for your story? 
7. If you could live with any one of your characters who would you choose, where would you live, and why?
8. What was the thing that sparked your interest and pushed you to start writing your story?
9. If you write a legacy, which is your favorite generation and why? If you write a story that isn't a legacy, what is your favorite chapter and why?
10. What is your favorite line in your story? Why?
11. What is one thing that has surprised you about your story? Has it taken a different direction than you thought? Have readers reacted different than you imagined?

 

10 comments:

  1. You took a breath, I saw it. But too bad for you because you've been nominated again! :P

    http://djvbeautys3.blogspot.com/2015/05/liebster-3.html

    Get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops and AGAIN - LOL!!
    http://orchid-rainbow.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/liebster-award.html

    I just popped in to tell you that I nominated you - to be very nicely surprised by your nomination. Thank you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for writing and sharing your story!

      You're too sweet! Thank you so much for the nomination!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the nomination! And thank you so much for nominating me! ^_^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations sandy! Thank you for nominating me :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure since I love all your stories. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so so so much Sandy!! AAHHHH!! I'm so happy you're back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Tackle hugs* lol! I'm glad to be back. Of course I nominated your legacy! I have an obsession with half your characters. lol!

      Delete