Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Liebster Award - Part Deux



Listening to My Heart was nominated again for this award by two other bloggers, itsjulie who writes Through Colour Blind Eyes and by Daijah V who writes Beauty as well as many other stories. Thank you both so much for the nominations! 

The Liebster Award is a way of bloggers supporting other bloggers. The rules for receiving this award are to:
  • Post the award on your blog.
  • Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
  • Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
  • Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions. 

Nominations: (Since it's been less than 24 hours since I nominated these stories and I really like them, I'm giving them another shout out but with no questions to answer.)

blythelyre for The Torres Legacy
MrsOogieBoogie for The Insane Dubois Legacy
LateKnightSimmer for Echoes of Eternity
Marsar for A Pair of Brown Eyes
hellohannah for Dustland Fairytale and Doors
lilyparkersims for Jill's 100 Baby Challenge
RebornMonster for Life is an Odyssey
itsjulie for Through Colour Blind Eyes
lovesstorms for Ramsey Wishacy



itsjulie's Questions:
 1.  If you were stranded on a desert island with one of the sim characters from your story - which one would you like it to be?
Oh wow. . .ummmm. . .who am I kidding! It would have to be Trev. Nice to look at, great sense of humor. . .Sign me up!!! Lol!

2.  How long have you been playing the sims for and what got you started?
I've been playing the Sims since the first year the first game came out. So for a long time. I can't even remember what got me started playing but I was hooked pretty quickly. I've never played any game as long as it and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Well worth the bazillion dollars spent on base games, expansion and stuff packs. :)

3.  What other hobbies do you have outside of simming, blogging and writing.
I crosstitch and sing not as much as I used to but I still enjoy doing both.

4.  What is your favourite sim trait and why?
Athletic, only because it allows me the chance to watch Trev and others flex their muscles. (I really have no shame when it comes to Trev.)

5.  Do you think there is an age limit to when you should be playing sims, or an age when it is not acceptable anymore?
I think the rating EA gives the game is good. I figure there's a reason for it. However, I don't think there's an age where it is unacceptable to play anymore. If I'm still playing at 50 or 60, so be it. :)

6.  Where do you get the inspiration from for your writing?
From reading other Sims stories and just reading in general. I've been on a massive Jane Austen kick for the last six months so if you see anything that looks like a nod to her works, it's probably not a coincidence.

7.  What do you love most about the Sims game.  What keeps you playing it?
I think it's the fact that the story is always different. Since the Sims can have any combination of traits and careers, it keeps it interesting. Plus, it's kind of fun to tell a Sim what to do and where to go. 

8.  How seriously do you take your writing?  Is it just for fun or would you like to make a living out of it one day?
I don't think I'm anywhere close to being talented enough to make a living out of writing; but if I was, I'd do it. I do try to make a conscious effort to improve on my writing and I'm a perfectionist so I won't publish something unless I'm happy with it. So in that respect, I take my writing seriously.

9.  Which are your favourite world, expansion pack and premade sim?
Favorite world would have to be Appaloosa. Favorite expansion pack would be Seasons. Favorite premade sim is hands down Carson Davila.

10.  Five sim traits that describe you.
Family Oriented, Friendly, Hopeless Romantic, Perfectionist, Virtuoso

11.  Tell me a random fact about yourself.
I have almost no sense of smell. Always been that way and I have no idea why, but it comes in handy when there are things that aren't worth smelling. :)


DaijahV's Questions: 
1. When did you start writing?
I have no idea, I remember writing a story in third grade and my teacher asked me to share it with the class. I think that's when the writing bug first bit me. But I honestly can't think back to a time when I didn't write something.


2. Are any of your characters or situations based on real people or events?
Yes. . .lol! Hmm, well, Amanda, Carson, and Star are all based loosely on real people. And Amanda moving to the country from the city is based on some of my own experiences (like the way people treated her like an outsider). 


3. What inspires you to write?
Other writers inspire me to write. Reading great stories and sharing in the experiences of the characters from those stories inspires me to want to share my own character's experiences.


4. Which of your characters is your favorite?
Trev. He's my sugar. I love him way too much and he knows it. He's very good about monopolizing my time and getting me to write stuff for him and take pictures of him.


5. Who is your favorite author?
I can't pick a favorite author for Sims stories, but my favorite author has to be Jane Austen. I don't know what it is about her stories, but I could read all of them over and over and over again.


6. What kind of books do you read?
Books about people in history, mostly British and American. Right now I'm reading a book about Victoria and Albert and a book about Abraham Lincoln. My favorite type of book to read is historical romance. I'm a sucker for them and have a hard time putting them down.


7. If you could use the Sims Time Machine, where would you go and why?
I have some weird fascination with living in the 1800s so probably then. I'm drawn to that time period for some reason.


8. You're stranded on a deserted island with 4 characters from your story(ies). Who are they and what do you think would happen?
Trev, George, Steph, Carson
Steph: Maybe we should get a fire going. . .
George: Good idea! Why don't we split up and look for firewood. Steph and I can search over there and Dad and Trev, you can search over there.
Trev: Why do you get to choose where to look?
George: Why not?
Trev: Maybe I wanted to check over there.
Carson (in a calm voice): Knock it off guys.
George and Trev: Yes sir. . .

  

9. If you could be any character from a book or movie, who would you be and why?
Elizabeth Bennet, I like her spunk and she gets to be with Mr. Darcy. lol!


10. If you could marry the man/woman of your dreams, who would you choose and why?
I already married him about 14 1/2 years ago. :)


11. Sims have a lot of quirky and fun inventions and objects not found in real life. If you could choose one thing (for example, spellbook, time machine, Bonehilda) what would it be and why? (Feel free to choose from any of the amazing custom creations as well e.g. Pose Player, Pregnancy controller, lighting tweaks, etc.)
I would choose the Book of Talent that treeag created. It would be so nice to be able to master any skill.


No comments:

Post a Comment