Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Real Deal: George and Steph's Wedding

Once again, there's been another wedding for the Listening to My Heart story. And once again, I'm here to share the non posed, real time, unedited, completely real wedding of George Frederick Davila and Stephanie Brooke Hathaway.

I don't know who designed the wedding aspect of Sims 3, but every time my Sims get married, I shake my head at the absurdity that happens. You'd think after posting about two other weddings, Charlie and Kate's and Charlotte and Ethan's, that there couldn't possibly be anything else that would surprise me with Sim weddings. . .leave it to George and Steph to prove me wrong. LOL!

Maybe by generation 4 things will calm down and the weddings will be surprise free. . .who am I kidding? This is the Hobbles and Davilas were talking about. ;)

So here it is, George and Steph's wedding:

Well, first we need the bride and groom. And they can be found. . .



Kissing! Of course because that's what George and Steph are almost always doing when they're in the same place. Hey you two! Knock it off! You need to get married, and there's no kissing before a wedding!

Well, now that we've gotten those two to cooperate, let's make sure the rest of the family is ready to go. . .


Hey, guys, where's the other third of the family? They're where?



Um. . .you know there's a reason that I spent time nicely placing chairs near the wedding arch, right guys? Cause it would be way more comfortable to watch the wedding sitting down with an unobstructed view. All those flowers kind of make it hard to see what's going on if you stand behind them.




Not you too, Trev?


Trev: Well, you know when in Rome. . .

But you're not in Rome, Trev. You're in Appaloosa!

Trev: Exactly!

Um. . .okay. Whatever. Let's just get on with it.


Steph: Why did we decide to have so many flowers? It. . ah. . .makes me. . .achoo! Sneeze.

George: ' Sup Uncle Charlie?

Charlie: 'Sup George?

Just some friendly family chatter over the flower bushes that are in back of the wedding arch!!! Oh my gosh, guys! Can you please go sit in the chairs?



Oh look! The whole family has gathered behind the arch. . .I swear, I've never seen this before, but George and Steph look like their ready to start. Hopefully nothing else will distract from this beautiful, serious event.



And just like that, Kate starts to hold her wrist. 

*Side note - Why did the creators of Sims 3 decide that holding ones wrist was the universal way for Sims to show that they're happy at weddings????*

Scarlett looks less than thrilled that she cancelled a tour date to be at the wedding.

Let's check back in with the bride and groom. . .Wait! Do you hear that? Someone's crying!


Charlie. . .you and your children are bothering those around you. Look, Chuck and Ethan can't even concentrate on the wedding:



Charlie: I'm sorry. I'll try to get myself together.

Thanks, Charlie. I appreciate it and I'm sure George and Steph would too. Maybe those standing on the other side of the arch are fairing better.




Wait, is that. . .




Yup, it's Trev hiding behind one of his cousins. What's wrong, Sugar?

Trev: I just. . .I just can't believe that my baby brother is getting married. 

Yeah, I understand, cause it seems like yesterday that he was just a tiny little George.

Trev: No. Because now I'm the only kid whose not married. And I'm the oldest!!

*Sandy nods* Oh. Well, we're working on that sweetie.

What about the mother of the groom? Maybe she's feeling less emotional.



She seems to be holding up pretty well. But, how can she see past her nephew that's standing in front of her. Hey! Nephew! Move out of the way! You know what? If you turn around, you can actually see the wedding! Novel idea.

Well, even if he's not going to turn around and watch, I think we should. 

*Sandy smacks her own forehead*

Not the wrist holding thing again!!



Oh my gosh! Even Jeff is participating. . .

*Sighs* Enough with the distractions, let's watch the wedding.






So beautiful!

HALLELUJAH!!!

What in the. . .?



Jeff, did you just scream out?

Jeff: HALLELUJAH!!! They finally got married!! 

I completely agree Jeff. It's about damn time.

Oh! Hold on! I think the big kiss is going to happen. . .


Oh my God, George! Are you trying to kiss her or inhale her face? Easy Tiger!






Much better! And look at all the people holding their wrists! Maybe they're checking their pulse? Afraid that the excitement of the wedding will get them too excited?

I don't know, but the only "normal" looking ones are George and Steph. Who are of course making lovey eyes at each other.





Oh dear, Trev's started crying again. . .


Hey Bridge! Did you get to see any of the wedding?



Bridge: No, not really.

Gee, I wonder why! Couldn't possibly be because someone stood in front of you the whole time, which wouldn't have happened if everyone had sat in the chairs. . .but I digress.

Well, now that the ceremony is over, it's time to party!! There's a big dance floor and I know you all like to dance! Whatda say?




That's what I like to see! Happy Sims dancing their pants off! I mean, look at Chuck!




I never knew he had moves like that! Everyone else is getting down too! But why is Steph dancing by herself? Hey Steph, where's George?




Steph: He's in the tall grass.

Doing what?

Steph: Dancing. . .

Oh okay. Really? 

Steph: *nods* Yup. With Uncle Jeff.

Oh this I have got to see!!!!




Wow. Just. . .wow. Let's go find someone who actually knows how to dance. Oh Trev!!!!




Trev: What's up pretty lady?

*Sandy blushes* That's sweet of you, Trev. I was wondering if you could dance us out of this crazy wedding.

Trev: Does a firefly have a light up butt?

Wha. . .I don't know. Just dance.

Trev: You got it!





And that, friends, was the real deal wedding of George and Steph. All I can say is thank goodness it's over, they're married, and hopefully there won't be another one for a while. . .

Jeff: Um, Star and I still have to get married.

*Sandy smacks her forehead again.* Crap!!

Trev: Yeah, and I might want to do that sometime too. . .

*Sandy reaches for the wine bottle* If y'all need me, I'll be chugging my big bottle of white zinfandel. 

Thanks for reading!

♥Sandybeachgirl♥

8 comments:

  1. Yes sims weddings, you've just got to love them lol. They should have created the wedding so they stood properly or say down when chair were provided ah well this is the sims

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of neat that they made the weddings so quirky, and there's no way without that that I could make fun of them without them being the way they are, but I do still wonder why they are the way they are. Lol! I mean, if there's chairs near the arch, use them! Lol!!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!!

      Delete
  2. Who even needs an excuse for white zinfandel? But yeah, the weddings are cray-cray in the Sims. Although I do like it when the guests start throwing rice/petals over the couple-- that part is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! No excuse needed!! I think four family members threw rice/petals at George and Steph's. Everyone else ran to the dance floor and started to groove. LOL! They really love to dance, even if they really can't.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. !CALLED IT! I told yah Trev would take it hard. lol

    Omg. I died reading this.

    I swear to god I'm going to steal that "Does a firefly have a light up butt?" Oh my god.
    And dancing in the bushes... Cheese and Rice - I guess you aught to hide in the bushes. Wth are you two doing!! lol Oddly perfect that it's YOU TWO hiding in the bushes.

    I am again reassured that I don't wanna let anybody actually get married in my game. :D
    But, I am definitely going to continue enjoying watching the Hobbles and Davilas for sure!

    Sometimes I forget that the story about Star and Jeff is so far behind this one. lol. I'm gonna assume in "story time" that Star and Jeff are already married - and didn't remain engaged for 25 years. lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Yes, yes you did!

      There is no telling what will come out of Trev's mouth. I mean, I wish readers of his story could hear what he says to me when I'm writing for him. I literally laugh out loud at what he says.

      I don't know what possessed George and Jeff to dance in the bushes. I died though when i saw them. I should have videoed it so you all could see their epic dance moves. . .

      I honestly thought this one would be a pretty uneventful wedding. Charlotte and Ethan's went better than any other and I thought that maybe I had it figured out. WRONG! LOL! Sim weddings are just insane. I'm glad you'll keep continuing to watch the Hobble and Davila ones!

      Yeah, Jeff and Star's story is WAY behind. They are married in this chapter and have been married 25 years even though they just got engaged in Jeff's latest chapter. . .I know! So confusing! They'll be married in the next couple of chapters. :)

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting!!!!

      Delete
  4. LOL. I wonder if the arch placement is what made them stand behind the arch? Like if it was flipped around the other way would the Sims have known it was the "front" of the arch? LOLL. I mean, it looks the same to the player because well it's an arch there really isn't a front or a back to it, but sometimes little pixel people are way technical. XD You know... the same reason they have path errors when a chair is blocking the only empty space between the counter and the wall. ROFL. I never knew about the wrist holding being a wedding animation, that's too funny. Usually most Sims cry at weddings I have. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered that too but never looked to see if it was turned the wrong way. Lol! Knowing me, it was probably something like that but at the time that I took the pictures it seemed like a humorous problem. :)

      I'm completely baffled by the wrist holding. I don't get it and for whatever reason the Hobbles and Davilas like to do it at weddings. Peer pressure? Lol! But it's something that makes for funny moments during the actual weddings so I guess it's worth it.

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting, LateKnight!

      Delete