Monday, April 28, 2014

My Absence

Dear readers of this story,

I'm sorry that I haven't posted a new chapter in the last little while. We had an insane week in our household last week. A week ago today we found out that our daughter has Type 1 Diabetes. She had been struggling with what we thought was a virus for many months. We were very relieved to find out what was wrong, but as you can imagine, learning that your child has a life long disease and also learning how to manage it is overwhelming. We were doing good to get through a day with carb counting, insulin injections, blood sugar monitoring, and trying to make sure our other child felt loved and was okay with all of these changes; so the thought of doing a chapter was just out of the question.

So what does that mean for this story and Jeff's? It's still here and I'll still be posting chapters but it may not be as often. I'd love to try to keep with one a week and that will be my goal, but if I miss a week, you'll know why.

Also, if you've commented on a chapter in the last week or two, I'm so sorry I haven't responded. I will soon. Just may take a couple days. :)

Thank you so much for reading this and Jeff's story! I promise, there are chapters for each that are a work in progress and hopefully, I'll be able to post one for each this week. 

Thanks again for reading!
Sandybeachgirl

12 comments:

  1. OH, my! I can't even imagine what I would do except do what you are doing. I'm sure in time, you'll get all that down pat, but I know at the beginning it is overwhelming trying to figure out what you need to do and follow through. I have an aunt-in-law (husband's aunt) who discovered she had Type 1, too, but she almost died before they figured it out. Now, she's ok, but she's always on a pump. She still cooks all the goodies for everyone and is able to enjoy small pieces here in there.

    So glad you figured it out early and that you are able to work on getting into a routine. I will patiently wait for you to put out your stories, but family is more important, so please take your time. :) Obviously, if we can do anything for you, please let us know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She has been a trooper through this. You do what you have to do and we're coping. I'm just thankful that someone discovered a way to produce insulin!!

      Delete
  2. Take your time as we will all still be here waiting for this story. Hope you and family are ok but if it takes time to adjust don't worry, I for one will just run to the PC when next chapter posted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are fine and adjusting. A little tired but I think that's to be expected. :)

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're doing good with this new routine that needs to be done :-). Lots of hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We're making progress which is a good thing. :)

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear that! :(
    I'll still be here whenever you post, though!
    *sends good vibes and sweet thoughts your way*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, MrsOogieBoogie! We're doing much better now. :)

      Delete
  5. I remember when one of my friends got diagnosed. It was pretty overwhelming for her and her family, but soon it'll be just part of her life, and no big deal :)

    Thank you for the update. Take your time. I think we all understand that sometimes real life just needs to be more important than sim life. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It has been overwhelming at times but each day it's gotten better and slowly it's becoming a part of our normal, everyday life. :)

      Delete
  6. Aww... sorry about your daughter. I hope you get everything figured out, and that you'll all be okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LateKnight! Everyday we learn something new. It's pretty much just going with the flow right now. :)

      Delete