Monday, October 3, 2016

The Spirit Animal Award

Well, it's not the chapter update that's been a long time coming, but I'm super excited that while I was taking a break from posting (a long story for another post), that Listening to My Heart was nominated for two different awards. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply to these!! I do so appreciate whenever people nominate this story!!! It always blows my mind that people think enough of it to do so!!

Two people nomintate this story for: 

The Spirit Animal Award


They are:

Violincat/wannabecatwriterHer story, Our Different Paths is a Difference in the Family Tree challenge story that's currently in it's second generation. And you can find her Tumblr page here

And

livinasimminlife/Lizzie (depending if you're on WordPress or Blogger) - She writes several stories that you can start reading at Livin A Simmin Life  


I love it when I can curl up on my couch and binge read your stories!! They're happy times for me!! And I can't tell you how much I appreciate the comments you both leave on this and other stories I write!


The rules for accepting the award are as follows:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to their page.
2. Post the award picture on your blog.
3. Write a short paragraph about yourself and what your blog means to you.
4. If you could be any animal, what would it be?
5. Pick and notify ten nominees.

#1 and #2 were done above so I'll move onto #3.

About Me/What My Blog Means to Me:
I always have a hard time talking about myself. I always feel like I either don't give enough info or give WAY too much. . .

Well, I'm a wife and a stay at home mom who is hardly ever home. I volunteer at my kids' schools and part-time for three non-profit organizations. In a previous life, I was a music teacher which is probably why I love being involved in my kids' schools. I love to curl up on my couch and read, binge watch Once Upon A Time, The 100, and Outlander, follow the British Royal Family (did you see the picture of Prince George with his nose pushed against the plane window? If not check it out here), and I'm a little of a history buff.

I never would have said I was a writter until I started this story, but I don't think I can deny that anymore. I started Listening to My Heart not really knowing how it would impact my life or change me. The friendships I've made with those who read it, from the forums, and tumblr are ones that I never could imagine but am forever grateful for. I never feel more like myself than I do when I'm writing for this or any of my other stories and I don't ever want to stop writing.

My Animal:
I had no idea so I took a quiz (cause there's a quiz for everything!) This was what I got:


The Lion:
You are strong willed and you put your family first. You have a strong sense of duty to your home and loved ones. You're a provider and a protector.

Sounds about right. Add loyal to that description and it pretty much describes me.

My Nominees:
Since I'm late to the party, I'm guessing that all those that I nominate have probably already been nominated a thousand times over (since they're incredible stories), but I love to give shoutouts to these folks so here's my nominees: 

The Torres Legacy by blythelyre - Not only is she a lovely person, but she writes a damn good story!! This legacy is currently in it's 4th generation and follows the Torres family through the challenges of having supernatural abilities and the impact it has in each generation finding love. Simblr page

The Insane Dubios Legacy  by mrsoogieboogie/freckled-pixels - I love how encouraging she always is and will read anything she writes. I was hooked from the beginning of this story! It follows the different generations of the Dubios men who all have the same trait, they're insane. The different ways that each generation portrays this trait is what continues to make this story an addictive read. The fact that the men are handsome as hell doesn't hurt either. ;) Simblr page

Echoes of Eternity by lateknightsimmer - No matter how many times I fall off the face of the earth and hide in the shadows, she's always there to welcome me back to the world of Sims! I also have to read everything she writes since she's an incredible writer. Echoes is a multi-generational story that is currently in it's third generation. The Zenturi-Hunt men all strive to find themselves and how they can make their own impact in the world while also staying rooted in the mostly supportive family that Maximus founded.  Simblr page

Not So Ordinary Life by DandyLion240 - I'm always amazed at how well she "gets" the charcters in all my stories and her insight carries over into the insight into her own characters and how she portrays them. This story is one of my favorite binge reads! It's currently in it's 4th generation and I soooo need to go binge read again so I can get all caught up!! Simblr page

Goatkibble stories on tumblr - Another amazing writer who is also very supportive of other ts3 simblrs. I love logging onto tumblr and reading her stories. Another one of my favorite binge reads.

A Graying World by thepartysims - I was late in finding this story but once I did, I was hooked! It's currently in it's 5th generation and the story follows the Gray family and their efforts to save "a graying world." Simblr page

(I honestly need some new stories to read so if you'd like for me to check your story out or have a suggestion, leave me a comment and I'll swing by to read it.)

Thank you again Violincat and livinasimminlife!!


2 comments:

  1. Hey lovely! I almost cried reading your little blurb about me. Thank you so much for the nomination. T_T You can read my acceptance of it at this link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome for the nomination! Your stories always put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete